Connect LawTap to Time Matters to automatically synchronize your Time Matters calendar availability for LawTap appointments and send LawTap appointments to your Time Matters calendar. This integration is considered Beta status and is subject to change.
About Time Matters
Firms rely on Time Matters as an adaptable solution that improves information-sharing, collaboration, process workflows, and more. Learn more about Time Matters.
- LawTap Lawyer account in USA or Canada;
- Time Matters access with active AMP; and
- Time Matters Go Manager App for LawTap (see below).
Installing the Time Matters Go Manager App for LawTap
- Download the Time Matters Go Manager (TM Go) Setup File - IMPORTANT NOTE: Please use this installer and not the one in the Help article: http://timemattersgo.pcltm.com/LAWTAP/installergo/
- Install the Time Matters Go Manager. IMPORTANT NOTE: Please use this installer and not the one in the Help article: http://timemattersgo.pcltm.com/LAWTAP/installergo/
- Setup the Time Matters Go Users.
Connect LawTap to Time Matters
This is a one-time process and should take less than 2-3 minutes to complete. Each lawyer must have their own Time Matters account (that is, Time Matters accounts must not be shared across multiple lawyers in a law firm).
- Visit https://lawtap.com
- In the top menu, click "Sign In"
- Sign In to LawTap
- In the top menu, click "Integrations"
- Click the "Connect to Time Matters" button
- On the "Connect to Time Matters" screen, enter the Email and Password associated with your Time Matters account and click the "Submit" button. Note: If you use Time Matters Go, these are the same credentials. If you are unsure, please contact Time Matters Support.
- You will be returned to LawTap and the message "Successfully connected to Time Matters" will display.
- Your availability for all Appointment Types in LawTap will now automatically synchronize with your events and availability in Time Matters every two (2) hours.
Known Limitations and Workarounds of the Time Matters Integration (Beta)
- LawTap cannot synchronize (read or write) contacts between LawTap and Time Matters. Workaround: No workaround is available at this time.
- LawTap does not know the timezone for each event made available in the Time Matters API. Workaround: LawTap assumes the timezone used is the same as the lawyer’s set timezone in LawTap under "Account".
- LawTap only checks for availability changes in Time Matters every two (2) hours and only for 500 events in advance. This means that double bookings may occur where the lawyer has set their Firm Appointment Types in LawTap with “No Earlier Than” set to less than 2 hours and the lawyer has just updated Time Matters with a conflicting event in the coming 2 hours. Workaround: Lawyers can set their Firm Appointment Types in LawTap to "No Earlier Than" = 2+ hours to mitigate the risk of conflict/double booking.