You created your LawTap account during the sign-up process when you accepted your law firm's invitation to LawTap. See Accepting an invitation to sign up for LawTap as a lawyer for more.
The details you provided during the sign-up process are stored in your LawTap account. You can edit all your personal details in the Account area of LawTap.
In this article, we take you through the process of signing in and out of LawTap, accessing your LawTap Account area, changing your email address, mobile number, timezone and password, and resetting your password when signed out of LawTap.
Signing in to LawTap
To sign in to LawTap:
1. Open https://lawtap.com and select Sign In in the top bar.
LawTap may automatically redirect to the LawTap URL for your region, for example https://lawtap.com/uk/
2. Enter your email address and password, and select Sign In.
Select Remember me to autofill these fields in the future.
3. Your My Dashboard area opens.
Signing out of LawTap
To sign out of LawTap:
1. Select the sign out icon in the top bar.
2. You are signed out of LawTap.
When you sign out, the Sign In link displays in the top bar.
Accessing your LawTap account
To access your LawTap account:
1. Select the settings icon in the top bar.
2. Your Account area opens.
In the Account Settings section, you can change your personal details by selecting the corresponding edit (pencil) icon. This activates new fields and options that differ, depending on the field you are in.
Changing your email address
To change your email address:
1. Select the pencil icon in the Email field.
2. Enter your new email address and select Submit.
Your old email is filled in automatically.
3. Select Update Email in the email sent to your new email address to confirm it.
Changing your mobile number
To change your mobile number:
1. Select the pencil icon in the Mobile field.
2. Enter your new mobile number and select Submit.
Your old mobile is filled in automatically.
3. Enter the confirmation code sent by SMS to your new mobile and select Confirm.
Changing your timezone
Your timezone is important because it is used to display accurate appointment times and to send appointment reminders.
To change your timezone:
1. Select the pencil icon in the Timezone field.
2. Select a new timezone in the pick list and save.
Changing your password
To change your password:
1. Select the pencil icon in the Password field.
2. Enter your current password, and then enter and repeat your new password.
3. Select Save.
Resetting your password when signed out of LawTap
The instructions in this section are helpful when you forget your password and cannot access LawTap.
To reset your password when signed out of LawTap:
1. Select Reset Password in the Sign In form.
2. Enter your email address and select Reset Password.
3. A message displays advising your that a reset link will be emailed to you, if the email address you provided is found in the system.
4. Select Reset Password in the email.
5. Enter and repeat your new password, and select Save.
Creating your lawyer profile
Managing your clients and their appointments
- Managing your client appointments on LawTap as a lawyer
- Booking appointments for your clients on LawTap as a lawyer
- Managing your availability for appointment types on LawTap as a lawyer
- Managing your client accounts on LawTap as a lawyer