If you are using a basic POP3/IMAP 'email only' service that doesn't include a hosted calendar service, you will need to download and install iCloud for Windows to synchronise your iPhone calendar with your Outlook calendar on your computer.
The added benefit for your life from doing this is that your Outlook calendar will sync on your phone (very helpful if you're ever away from your computer or in transit).
To achieve this, please complete the following steps (estimated 15 minutes to complete):
- You will need to create an app-specific password instead of your iCloud password to connect your calendar to LawTap. Please follow the steps to create an app-specific password and note this password before continuing.
- On your iPhone, go to "Settings" > Click on your Apple ID (which is usually your name) > "iCloud" and enable "Calendars".
- On your computer, download iCloud for Windows (free from Apple) at: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204283
- Install iCloud for Windows.
- Restart your computer.
- Open iCloud for Windows and sign in with your Apple ID email address (this should match the iCloud email address on your iPhone).
- In iCloud for Windows, select the "Calendars" checkbox and click "Apply". In five (5) minutes, your calendar should be synchronised between Outlook on your computer and your iPhone calendar.
- Sign into your LawTap.com account.
- Click the "Securely Connect Your Calendar" button.
- Select "iCloud" as your calendar service and then enter your Apple ID login details (Your password should be the app-specific password you created in Step 1 - not your usual iCloud password).
- Your calendar should now be connected to LawTap.
- Make sure that iCloud for Windows is installed and set up. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201391
- Turn iCloud Calendar, Contacts and Reminders off and back on (and additional troubleshooting tips). See: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204571
- Make sure that the iCloud Outlook Add-in is on (Note: We have observed that the Add-in may be inadvertently disabled by LEAP upgrades or support). See: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204571
- Outlook 2016 for Mac is not presently compatible with synchronising an iCloud Calendar with the Outlook Calendar. This means that you will need to use the Mac Calendar.app to manage your calendar between your iPhone and computer. See:
- Still need help? Please email email@example.com or chat with us using the chat button at the bottom right of screen if you need any help.