If you use a basic POP3/IMAP email-only service that doesn't include a hosted calendar service, you need to download and install iCloud for Windows to synchronise your iPhone calendar with your Outlook calendar on your computer.
There is an added benefit: Your Outlook calendar will sync on your phone if you're away from your computer or in transit.
Syncing your iPhone and Outlook calendars
Note! This process takes about 15 minutes.
To sync your iPhone and Outlook calendars:
- Create an app-specific password (instead of your iCloud password) to connect your calendar to LawTap.
Follow the steps in Using app-specific passwords and note this password before continuing.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > <Your Apple ID> (usually your name) > iCloud and enable Calendars.
- On your computer, download iCloud for Windows (free from Apple) at: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204283
- Install iCloud for Windows.
- Restart your computer.
- Open iCloud for Windows and sign in with your Apple ID email address (this should match the iCloud email address on your iPhone).
- In iCloud for Windows, select the Calendars checkbox and then select Apply.
Within five minutes, your calendar should synchronise with Outlook on your computer and your iPhone calendar.
Connecting to your iCloud calendar in LawTap
To connect to your synchronised iCloud calendar to LawTap:
- Sign in to LawTap.
- Select Integrations in the top bar.
- In Calendars, select Manage Calendars.
- Select Connect My Calendar.
- Select iCloud as your calendar service and then enter your Apple ID login details.
Use the app-specific password you created in the previous section - not your usual iCloud password.
Here are come useful troubleshooting tips if you experience technical issues:
- Make sure that iCloud for Windows is installed and set up. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201391.
- Turn iCloud Calendar, Contacts and Reminders off and on again. See Get help using Outlook with iCloud for Windows for more troubleshooting tips.
- Make sure that the iCloud Outlook Add-in is on.
Note! LEAP upgrades or support have been known to inadvertently disable the add-in (see https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204571).
- Outlook 2016 for Mac is currently not compatible with synchronising an iCloud Calendar with the Outlook Calendar. This means that you will need to use the Mac Calendar.app to manage your calendar between your iPhone and computer. See Sync your iCloud calendar with Outlook for Mac for more.
Still need help? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us using the chat bot at the bottom right of your screen.