LawTap provides the functionality for lawyers to book appointments for their clients on LawTap.
You can book appointments for both new and existing clients. The bookings include all the features and notifications set for the appointment type, for example reminder notifications, rescheduling and client reviews.
In this article, we take you through the process of booking appointments for your clients on LawTap as a lawyer.
How to book appointments for your clients on LawTap
To book appointments for your clients:
1. In My Dashboard select Book Appointment.
2. Select an appointment type in the Appointment Type pick list.
3. For Meeting at Court appointment types, select the relevant court in the Court pick list.
4. Select an Appointment Schedule option:
Calendar Availability: Select a date and time in your calendar.
This option displays your standard availability in your calendar for the appointment type. See Managing your availability for appointment types as a lawyer for more.
- Select the Date field and then select a date in the popup calendar.
- Select a start and end time in the pick lists in Start Time and End Time fields.
Both fields allow you to select times in 15-minute intervals for a 24-hour period.
This option allows you to schedule appointments outside of your standard calendar availability (including out-of-office hours), and for durations that are different from the settings for the appointment type..
5. Client details:
New clients: Enter your client's first and last name, mobile number, email address and select a time zone, if necessary.
The Client field defaults to -- New Client -- so you can ignore it for this option.
Existing clients: Enter the first few letters of your client's name or surname in the Search box and then select the client in the pick list.
As you enter content in the box, the pick list updates to offer more accurate matches. When you select the client in the list, their name, phone number and email automatically populate the corresponding fields.
Note! The list of clients includes clients previously booked on LawTap and those booked through any integrated practice-management software, for example Clio or LEAP.
6. Select Continue.
7. Complete any form fields.
8. Select Book Appointment Now.
See Managing your client appointments on LawTap as a lawyer for how to manage client appointments after your have booked them.
Locking your timezone
If you have a virtual receptionist in a different timezone (including Smith.ai) who books appointments for you, or you work in more than one timezone, it is useful to know how to lock your timezone to avoid booking conflicts.
You can lock your timezone by adding the timezone parameter to the URL of your lawyer profile.
To find your profile URL:
1. Select My Dashboard in the top bar.
2. Select My Profile and then Preview Profile.
3. Copy the URL from the address bar in your browser.
Your profile URL will be similar to https://lawtap.com/<country code>/lawyer/<your name>.html, for example https://lawtap.com/uk/lawyer/rachael-smith.html
To add a timezone parameter:
1. Find the correct parameter in Google's list of Supported Time Zone Values.
Parameters have no spaces and have are typically in the <country name>/<city/region name> format, for example America/New_York, Europe/London, or Australia/Melbourne.
2. Add ?timezone=<your timezone parameter> at the end of your profile URL.
See Changing your timezone section in Managing your LawTap account as a lawyer for more information about setting your timezone in LawTap.